Maybe I should have waited a week to do a full 2 month post but this has been a post in the making for about 3 weeks and I am just so tired of looking at it so I figured I will just post it today..
I cannot believe we are in August!! Wow… I think once you have a baby is when you really notice just how quickly time flies by. Tomorrow is my first wedding that I will be photographing myself since going on maternity leave. I have to say that I am really eager to get back in the swing of things and work my creativity muscles again. Don’t get me wrong, I will miss Bryn dearly and she will be on my mind all day. But, I couldn’t be more excited to get a little bit of the old me back tomorrow and capture an absolutely wonderful couple say their ‘I do’s’. There is no doubt that I will be completely exhausted and probably won’t be able to move on Sunday though because this Mama is not in wedding shape! 🙂
I thought some of you Mom’s might enjoy a few things that I have learned since joining you all in this crazy thing called ‘motherhood’…
1. Multi-tasking is on a whole new level… I can pee while holding a baby and brushing my teeth. Boom.
2. I smell like breast milk and baby spit-up 90% of the time because taking a shower is a luxury these days.
3. ‘I am just gonna run into Wawa real quick’ is no longer a phrase that I can use… I would have to take the baby in her car seat into Wawa with me and let’s be real… I really don’t want to do that. The drive through is so much easier. Those car seats are HEAVY!!
4. ‘Nap when the baby naps’ is what EVERYONE tells you to do. Sure, that is nice for the first few days after you get home from the hospital. But there are a million and a half things that I need to get done when she is napping and sleeping is just not at the top of that list unfortunately.
5. There is never enough time for anything. I am still breastfeeding her and when one of the grandparents is over to babysit while I run some errands, I am always amazed at how quickly time flies by. She still eats every 2-3 hours but I am never out more than 2… if she gets hungry she is a BEAST!
6. Babies poop. A lot. She has this thing where she LOVES pooping on her changing pad and she is the happiest baby ever after a stinky diaper… Correction. She is the happiest baby ever after she poops again in the clean diaper 5 seconds after the diaper change……. Correction. She is the happiest baby ever after she poops AGAIN in the second clean diaper 30 seconds after that diaper change…….. You get my drift….She is a rascal.
7. I hate doing laundry. I always have. It is my least favorite household chore. But now I literally am forced to do it constantly. I actually don’t mind doing her wash because it is so precious. 🙂 But my laundry piles up SO quickly with all the spit-up etc that finds its way onto my clothing these days.
8. I will never grocery shop with her until she is able to sit in the front of the shopping cart. How is it possible to grocery shop while you have the baby in the car seat IN the cart?! There is NO room for anything else!!
9. I am convinced that my husband could sleep through ANYTHING!! How does he not hear her??!! I am glad for his sake since he needs to go to work everyday… but seriously… it amazes me.
10. Putting a sleeping baby down and to have it stay asleep is NOT easy… it is an acquired skill.
With all of these crazy, funny, exhausting, and challenging life changes… I wouldn’t change one thing. She is the most amazing little baby and we are SO blessed. She is happy, healthy, and she has brought us SO much happiness. There is nothing sweeter or more amazing than when your baby falls asleep on you and snuggles… listening to her breathe and watching her facial movements is so precious. She is always smiling and giggling in her sleep. We are incredibly thankful for her and we love watching her grow and change daily.
These days Bryn loves… EATING (all the time), sleeping on Mommy (or whoever is lucky enough to hold her), pooping, laying on her activity mat, doing tummy time, watching her mobile in her crib, going outdoors, going on trips in the car, taking walks, laying on her changing pad (it might be her happiest place on earth- strange), ‘talking’, and smiling. 🙂 She has the BEST smile ever!
Here are her weekly photos that I have been doing 🙂
Here are some of my favorite photos that I have taken over the past 7 weeks..